Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pictures from KMSR Posted on Troop 88 Blog Site

All:

Mr. Mickey has posted pictures from the Troop's recent excursion to KMSR on the Troop 88 Blog site. I've attached his email from June 27 describing the blog site to this note just in case you've mislaid your copy of the original.

Scouts: please post your comments--positive and negative--about the camp and your experiences there. If you have pictures please post those as well.

This is such a great idea! I strongly recommend all Scouts, Scouters, and parents link to and register for this site. Mr. Mickey has already posted several items of interest, and you can be sure that the other Scouters and I will be using it to post useful (and perhaps some not so useful) materials in future.

[Be sure to check out the picture of the rather good-looking individuals taken at the last Court of Honor (also on the Troop 88 website)].

Yours in Scouting,

Dan Dabbs, SM
BSA Troop 88

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Troop 88 Blog Site
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 03:39:14 +0000
From: prm1@comcast.net
To: ddabbs@Princeton.EDU

Dan, I have created a blog for Troop 88 scouts and scouters to share troop communications, event news, photos, etc. I have sent out invites to join the blog to all Troop 88 scouts and scouters that I had emails for. Could you forward this email to your distribution list? When I sent out the invites I did so under the name Blog Meister, not Pat Mickey, so most recipiants probably deleted the invite along with the regular flow of email spam we all get.

In order to join the Troop 88 blog site, each invitee must respond to the invite email I sent by clicking on the link in the invite email. This will take them to the Blogger web site where you have to enter a user name and email address to register as a member to the Troop 88 blog site. I will need to resend a new invitation to anyone who deleted the original invite email. Anyone who needs a new invite should send me an email requesting a new invitation.

The web address of the Troop 88 blog site is http://troop88.blogspot.com/. I will need to make you, several scouters and a scout or two administrators of the site. I will also show you how to set up your account so that you can automatically post to the blog site all emails you send out to the Troop. (You will simply have to add troop88.princeton@blogger.com to your distribution list.)

Call or email me with any questions.

Pat Mickey

No comments: