Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Troop 88 Matters

Troopers:

In case you missed the announcement at Monday's meeting, I have stepped down as the Scoutmaster for Troop 88. Kent Allenby has taken over the mantle of Scoutmaster. I am once again an Assistant Scoutmaster for the Troop.

While I've enjoyed the role over the past three years, I, the other Scoutmasters, and the Troop Committee all agreed that it was a good time for a change. I am very glad that we have a person of Kent's caliber willing to step in and take over, that the Troop remains in very good hands.

What does this mean for me and my relationship with the Troop? Other than changing the patches on my shirts, I plan to remain active in the Troop for some time to come. I was AS for several years before becoming SM, and figure I'll stick around as AS for several more. Along with Ron Logory, David Wertz, and Kent, I will continue to assist with Scout advancement, attend campouts and other activities, and generally help with Troop affairs. I will be at all the Troop meetings.

The green pickup and its driver will continue to serve the Troop as best
they can.

Our current Scouts are a great bunch and I hope to see all of them through their Scouting careers. We've a lot of Eagles coming through while sorely needing new Scouts. It is my wish that I will help to keep Troop 88 strong and viable.

I thank you all for your help and assistance during my tenure as Scoutmaster and I also thank you for your continuing support of Troop 88. Special thanks to our Scout leaders...you guys were and remain a tremendous asset to the Troop. You and your fellow Scouts make it all
worthwhile.

Yours in Scouting,

Dan Dabbs, AS
BSA Troop 88, Princeton

No comments: